Rebecca is a trained doula obtaining DONA certification within the year. She believes childbirth is a truly empowering, life changing experience. She feels that women deserve the right to make well-informed decisions about how they would like to move through such an intimate process. Upon her discovery of doulas and what they do for women and their families, she knew it was something she wanted to pursue. She thoroughly enjoys learning about pregnancy, childbirth, and the fourth trimester and sees it as an honor to assist in any or all of those processes. Her wish as your doula is to really listen to what you want from your birth experience so she may best support you in your desires.
In 2015 she earned a bachelor’s degree from Georgia State University in English and Art and has been a nanny to two adorable little girls since. In her free time, she takes pleasure in activities like reading about traditional medicine, hiking, and yoga. She plans to soon become a certified childbirth educator and eventually a certified professional midwife.
Birth Doula Services:
- 1-2 prenatal appointments to discuss topics such as my role and the roles of anyone else who may attend the birth; your hopes and concerns about pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period; as well as an overview of various position and coping techniques that you may wish to utilize during labor. Optional: one visit may include meeting with your medical provider.
- Assistance in developing your informed birth plan
- Phone and email support throughout pregnancy
- 24/7 availability and phone support starting at 36 weeks
- Continuous in-person support during labor
- 2 hours of extended assistance after birth to ensure that you feel confident and comfortable before I leave
- Breastfeeding information and support, if desired
- 1-2 in-home postpartum visits to answer any lingering questions and to reflect on your birth experience with you