The journey through life is your own. You create a unique map for yourself and navigate its many roads by the strength of you inner wisdom and through making choices that are meaningful to you. My role as your doula is to help you find your way, empowered by your own choices, following your heart. My goal is to listen — to understand the direction you want to take with your pregnancy and birth — so that I can support you on your amazing adventure!
My education includes a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre and Communications, with graduate work in Communication Arts. My focus for the past 25 years has been on interpersonal communication, facilitating women’s support groups and offering personal coaching, which includes helping women have incredible birth experiences.
I originally trained as a labor doula in 2000 through the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association. (CAPPA.) I apprenticed and worked professionally as a labor and postpartum doula for 8 years. After taking some time off to focus on my family and other interests, I’m returning to doula work, feeling re-energized about helping women and their partners on their journey into parenthood.
I provide both labor and postpartum services.
Birth Doula Services
- Prenatal meetings – We meet in person twice during your pregnancy. I’m available for phone calls, texts and email conversations to answer questions, provide encouragement and discuss the changes in your pregnancy.
- During labor – I offer continuous support, no matter the length of time.
- Breastfeeding assistance – I remain after the birth to help you get started with nursing and bonding.
- Immediate post partum – I’ll remain with you until you’re settled comfortably with your new baby.
- Follow up – I’ll visit you one to two weeks after your birth. As always, I’m available to talk if you have questions or concerns prior to our follow up meeting.
Postpartum Doula Services
- Free Initial consultation/interview
- Single baby: $25 per hour with a 4 hour per day/3 day minimum
- Multiples: $35 per hour with a 4 hour per day/3 day minimum
“Nora was a great doula at both of my children’s births. Her warm bedside manner and coaching in the hospital, around the nurses and with the doctors created an empowering confidence for me and my husband. Her openness to options and her advocacy made the births go smoothly and allowed my husband to focus more on me and our child’s birth. Couldn’t have done it without her! Nora will always have a special place in our hearts.”
– Vicki S.