Hi! I’m Kelly. I realized the invaluable presence of a doula during the births of my two daughters, and that unwavering support is what I now have the honor of providing. As your doula I take an active role in encouraging you during labor- providing physical and emotional support, reassurance, knowledge and guidance, and a calm presence.
A woman’s birthing day is as important a day in her life as her wedding day. How she is treated on this day, and the support she receives, can have a lasting impact on the way she mothers, the way she feels, and her personal view of herself as a woman. Because I am fully aware of how monumental a woman’s birthing day can be, I am particularly passionate about supporting mamas who have previously suffered birth trauma, and are looking for a better birth experience.
After working in International Education and Admissions for 10 years and living in the Netherlands, New Zealand, New York City, and Los Angeles, my family relocated to Atlanta in 2016. Atlanta has given me the opportunity to explore my interest in birth work. I became a certified childbirth educator with Baby Steps Childbirth Education in 2016. In 2018, I completed my doula certification with Birth Boot Camp. I have a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from the University of Missouri.
Birth Doula Services
Kelly’s Birth Doula Services include:
- A Birth Plan Visit to discuss my role as your doula (including getting your partner involved during labor), how you’re feeling about this pregnancy, what your hopes are for your labor and birth, any previous births, and to put some goals in place to help you have a satisfying and peaceful birth.
- Unlimited Phone/Text/Email support with any questions you may have about your childbirth classes, birth books you’re reading, or if you just need to chat!
- Continuous face to face labor support (emotional, physical, and informational) at your home or place of birth.
- 1-2 hours of support after baby is born.
- 1 postpartum visit whenever you feel ready, to discuss your birth and recap any details!
- One day Baby Steps Childbirth Education classes in Atlanta
- Birth Stories Gatherings, where mamas can share their birth story, and pregnant mamas can come to gain knowledge from the women who have birthed before them, in a safe and non-judgmental space
- Blessingway Ceremonies, which are alternatives to baby showers and put the focus of pregnancy back on the mother. These ceremonies honor the mother in a variety of ways, which can include gifts of flowers, birth story sharing, and affirmations for her birth