Hello! My name is Emily Watkins. I am a DONA Certified Birth Doula. Prior to becoming a doula, I worked in a variety of nursing applications with a many different clients and settings. I have always been drawn to the wondrous process of pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period, and after the births of my daughters I realized this was my true calling.
I am a partner to a very supportive husband and we have two beautiful daughters. I draw from my own experiences in pregnancy and childbirth to help assist mothers and their families by providing information, emotional and physical support and an objective perspective (having had two very different birth experiences myself).
I have come to understand that each birth is unique and I work to provide mothers with a sense of compassion and a calm presence that allows them to freely follow their instincts during their birthing times. I believe mothers should be given the option to choose any kind of birth they want, and my mission is to offer unwavering support throughout this special and important time. My services will provide for birthing people and their families in all types of birth (hospital, home, waterbirth, Cesarean, VBAC, Induction, medicated, unmedicated, etc…).
Contact Emily today at email@example.com
Birth Doula Services:
- Unlimited phone and email support throughout pregnancy
- 1-2 in home prenatal meetings where we will discuss a variety of topics like: previous birth experience, fears/concerns, birth preferences, baby and postpartum plans, labor positions, comfort measures, how your partner and I can work best together, answer questions, etc…
- 24/7 on call availability from week 38 of your pregnancy until birth
- Full labor and birth support
- 1-2 hours immediate postpartum support
- 24/7 on call availability 1 week postpartum
- An in home postpartum follow up visit (usually 1-4 weeks after the birth)
Emily accepts credit cards and work with payment plan options.
Postpartum Doula Services:
- Shifts are offered in a minimum of 3 hours per day
- Email, call or text support from the time our contract has been signed
- 1 in-home meeting where we will discuss: Help in creating your postpartum plan and baby plan, dietary needs/concerns, meet older children and pets, walk through home and familiarize with layout/appliances, answer questions, etc…
- Infant care: bathing, dressing, changing, feeding, breastfeeding assistance
- Light house keeping
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Assisting with older children or pets
- Running errands and attending appointments
Emily’s Postpartum Fees are $25.00 per hour with a minimum of 15 hours contracted.
Additional Specialty Services:
Placenta Encapsulation $275.00 or $225.00 for Birth/Postpartum clients
Postpartum Belling Binding $150.00