Hi, I’m Sara Tettelbach and I want to unleash the moxie momma inside you!
My goal is to help you have the best birth experience possible, by knowing your options. I hate seeing women bullied into unnecessary interventions and C-sections that they didn’t want — and didn’t know they could say no to. I want women to feel empowered in their choices and confident in their bodies.
I’m a DONA-trained birth doula working toward certification. I’m also an emergency room nurse, and I’ve been working in the health care field for more than a decade. While I wouldn’t be giving you medical treatment as your doula, my ER experience has trained me to recognize warning signs, so I know when you should reach out to your provider. In addition, being a nurse has taught me how to advocate for my patients, so I can teach you how to advocate for yourself.
As your doula, I’ll help you plan what you want to get out of your birth experience and help you navigate any bumps along the way. While I’ve always held a passion for women’s health, the birth of my two daughters really brought home my desire to help women before, during, and after their pregnancies. I believe that women should have the tools to advocate for themselves; it’s my mission to help you gain those tools and the confidence to use them.
Sara can be reached via email at email@example.com
Birth Doula Services:
● A prenatal visit where we will discuss your birth plan, the different techniques I can utilize to assist and comfort you during labor, plans for bottle or breast, postpartum support, and anything else you’d like to talk about.
● Labor Support: I will be on call from 38 weeks until birth. I can provide labor support via text, phone call, FaceTime, or Skype, and will attend to you when you are ready for me to be there in person. I will remain with you for a couple of hours after baby is born to help you get settled, initiate first feeding, and promote bonding. I will leave when you and your family are ready for quiet time.
● I will come for a postpartum visit when you are at home. During this visit, we can discuss your birth, talk about how you and baby are doing, and I can even watch baby while you take some time for self care.
Additional Services based on an hourly rate:
● Doctor Visits: It’s easy to feel overwhelmed at the doctor’s office.
● Support Classes: I can attend any birth preparation classes with you.
● Baby Registry: Creating a baby registry can be daunting, especially if you are high-risk and stuck on bed rest. I can help create your perfect registry.