Hi, I’m Sara Tettelbach and more than anything I want to help women have the best birth experience possible. I am here to support and empower women throughout their pregnancy and birth.
I’m a DONA-trained birth doula working toward certification. I’m also an emergency room nurse, and I’ve been working in the healthcare field for more than a decade. These experiences give me a unique perspective into both the medical field and holistic medicine. I use my background to help women navigate through their pregnancy feeling confident in their choices and birth team.
While I’ve always held a passion for women’s health, the birth of my two daughters really brought home my desire to help women before, during, and after their pregnancies. I believe that women should have the tools to advocate for themselves; it’s my mission to help you gain those tools and the confidence to use them.
Sara can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Birth Doula Services:
- A prenatal visit where we will discuss your birth plan, the different techniques I can utilize to assist and comfort you during labor, plans for bottle or breast, postpartum support, and anything else you’d like to talk about.
- Labor Support: I will be on call from 38 weeks until birth. I can provide labor support via text, phone call, FaceTime, or Skype, and will attend to you when you are ready for me to be there in person. I will remain with you for a couple of hours after baby is born to help you get settled, initiate first feeding, and promote bonding. I will leave when you and your family are ready for quiet time.
- I will come for a postpartum visit when you are at home. During this visit, we can discuss your birth, talk about how you and baby are doing, and I can even watch baby while you take some time for self care.
Additional Services based on an hourly rate:
- Doctor Visits: It’s easy to feel overwhelmed at the doctor’s office.
- Support Classes: I can attend any birth preparation classes with you.
- Baby Registry: Creating a baby registry can be daunting, especially if you are high-risk and stuck on bed rest. I can help create your perfect registry.