Get to know Zoë, Doula and Photographer
Welcome! I am a CBI Certified Birth Doula, a Certified Perinatal Educator, Midwife Assistant, and Birth Photographer. The Northern suburbs of Atlanta have been my home for the past 20 years, off and on. I was raised overseas in a missionary family and then again lived overseas as a young adult. In my free time I love to be outdoors with my husband and two children, participate in church and nonprofit activities, travel internationally, and study birth. I have completed one year of midwifery classes with the intention of becoming a Certified Practicing Midwife in the near future.
The birth of my son in 2011 opened my eyes to the incredible world of birth. I walked away from his birth changed forever. Women’s innate strength has been undermined by mainstream western medicine. I have come to know through my own 2 birth experiences as well as professional encounters that women truly are capable of Owning their pregnancy and birth.
My services reflect my belief in your ability to make educated decisions that are right for your family. I use your choices to provide a unique plan of emotional and physical support and walk with you as closely as you desire to help you achieve your goals.
Birth Doula Services include:
- Phone and Email support throughout pregnancy
- 1-2 in person meetings during pregnancy
- 24/7 availability and phone support beginning at 36 weeks
- continuous in-person labor support after onset of Active Labor
- 1-3 hours of immediate postpartum support
- note taking for fun quotes and details throughout labor
- optional in-home visit 1-3 weeks postpartum
Photography Services include:
- This is an add-on service to doula clients only
- Photos of labor, birth, and immediate postpartum
- Various packages and options available
- Allows for you to capture the memory of your birth without the added cost and presence of an additional person in the room
- Experience since 2012 and over 80 births
- Serves as a Doula Mentor to new and certifying Doulas.
- Supported Hospital Birth, Home Birth, Epidural Birth, Water Birth, Twin Birth, Surgical Birth (C-Section), and VBACs (Vaginal Birth after Cesarean)
- Experience with multiple providers throughout Atlanta
- Trained and practicing Midwife Assistant
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certified and CPR certified
I would love the opportunity to get to know you, your birth goals, and to discover whether or not I would be a good fit for your birth team. Contact me today for more information about my services and to find a convenient time for us to meet.
“As I was beginning the journey through my second pregnancy, expecting twins, I was terrified of having to go into a ceserean as I only knew what it was like to have a vaginally delivery. I was continuously told by my OB that I had a high chance of having a c-section due to the “high risk” of having twins. Since I was to have one and my anxiety level was high, I decided to hire a doula to receive emotional help for this possible outcome. After having my first conversation with Zoe, I knew she was the right match for me! She actually took the time to discuss why I was having anxiety, what my possible options were, and she even prayed with me! She really impressed me initially but after looking back, I realize she did so much more for me! Zoe was always good with checking in with me as I had a really difficult pregnancy and she was able to provide me with resources and others to talk about my options.”
“Zoe was a God send through my pregnancy and birth. Though this was my second birth, I felt completely uneducated on what real birth could be like. Zoe spent time with my husband and I making us feel comfortable about what to expect with each level of labor. Her focus was on what I wanted my birth to look like and I never felt judgement from her. She provided daily support and encouragement during the last few hard weeks of pregnancy. […] Once labor FINALLY started, Zoe was in continuous contact and came over to support my husband and I as we labored at home. One thing I really appreciated about Zoe is that she coached my husband which allowed him to support me. Once my water broke at home, my labor became very intense. Zoe even coached me on speaker phone as we drove down the interstate! Zoe was a HUGE part of my amazing birth experience and I will forever be grateful to her for that gift. Her support was invaluable and I would highly recommend her for anyone who is expecting, no matter what type of birth you are planning.”