Hey y’all, we’re Courtney and Lauren!
We take pride in pouring our hearts into this work, having fun, and showing up with our most authentic selves every day. We are experienced in, and provide birth + postpartum support to Metro Atlanta families who birth in hospitals, birth centers, and at home. We are passionate about holding space for birthing people as they cross the threshold of birth + postpartum, and approach this great transition with mindfulness + compassion. We believe that every family deserves to know their options surrounding childbirth and should receive unwavering support for their choices.
When you hire us, you get a team behind you! We offer childbirth education classes, twin prep class, birth support, postpartum support, mother blessings (great alternative or addition to a baby shower), and even prenatal and postpartum yoga packages. We PROUDLY support families in the LGBTQ+ community and families that are born through surrogacy and adoption. Every family deserves a doula!
BIRTH DOULA SUPPORT
● Free consultation to get to know each other and discuss how we can support you.
● Prenatal meetings where we will cover topics such as comfort techniques, options in labor, birthing positions, local resources, and a plan for your postpartum support. We also gather your birth preferences and set up a plan specific to you and your needs.
● Unlimited phone, text, and e-mail support throughout your entire pregnancy and 24/7 on-call support beginning two weeks prior to your estimated due date.
● Continuous support during your labor and delivery. The focus of our energy will be on making you feel comfortable and making your labor as effective as possible. After delivery, your doula will remain for 1-2 hours to assist with infant feeding and make sure that your new family is comfortable.
● A postpartum meeting at your home within the first week postpartum to see how everyone is doing, to review the birth, and to get feedback about our role.
Courtney Lopez and Lauren Bernazza
Birth and Postpartum Doulas
Lauren is a mother to two sets of precocious twins and two rescue mutts. She shares this life with her husband Tim in a wonderful 1960s ranch house in Historic Roswell, GA. She holds a BFA in Fine Art from UGA and spent 8 years working in art administration for Fulton County Arts Council and various non-profits before becoming a Doula. Lauren has trained with both Carriage House Birth and DONA International and currently serves on the Board of Directors for The Georgia Birth Network. When not busy doula-ing and enjoying life with her wild brood, Lauren spends time out in nature, practicing yoga, and fighting the patriarchy. Lauren specializes in supporting twin + multiples pregnancy, LGBTQ+ families, women of color, and surrogacy journeys.
Courtney is an Atlanta native and before becoming a Doula, she pursued a degree in Clinical Social Work. She has used her natural care-giving skills in home health aide for both the elderly and those with chronic health conditions. After discovering the career opportunity as a birth worker, she dove head first into becoming a Doula and has committed her life to serving birthing people and families! She trained with DONA International and International Doula Institute, is a certified breastfeeding consultant, and Certified Lamaze Childbirth Educator. Courtney specializes in home birth and birthing people who are pregnant after miscarriage or abortion. Courtney has taken part in some amazing training and seminars that educate about indigenous birth practices and other cultural differences in childbirth. Some of her most valued education has been focused on the disparities women color experience in the world of maternal healthcare. She prides herself on being a Doula that serves all types of birthing people-from every race, religion, and LGBTQ community. Courtney loves to provide advocacy, education, and support for natural-path childbirth; whether that be at home, at a birth center or in a hospital.