(these services vary slightly between doulas; see individual services pages for details- Christine the VBAC Doula, Charmaine, Sherri, Jennifer, Zoe the Homebirth Doula, Nora, Michelle, Anisha, Kristen the Christian Doula, Becca, Jessica)
- Referrals (if desired) to midwives/doctors/childbirth educators/lactation consultants
- 1-2 prenatal visits (not including the no-cost initial consultation). During these visits we will discuss your birth history, your desires for your current birth, and your birth plan. I will demonstrate for you and your partner massage techniques, positions, and exercises beneficial during your pregnancy and labor.
- Phone/e-mail/text support
- Continuous on-call support when you reach 38 weeks gestation
- Continuous labor support when you go into labor. Depending upon your preference, I will come to your house or meet you at the hospital/birth center, and I will remain with you until the birth is complete.
- Initial breastfeeding support. I will stay with you in the hospital/birth center until you feel confident to nurse your baby with proper latch/position techniques.
- Postpartum visit. I will visit you in your home when you are ready, generally 5 days to 4 weeks after birth. We will discuss your birth experience and address any needs you might have at that time, as well as evaluate breastfeeding progress.
Placenta encapsulation is a great way to incorporate an iron-rich supplement back into your postpartum body. Studies show this practice aids in recovery, helps promote successful lactation, and can help combat the “baby blues.” (This is not the same thing as Postpartum Depression, and if you suspect you have PPD, you should contact your care provider immediately)
$250 (For Sherri’s doula clients, this fee is $200) Contact Sherri Now
Postpartum Doula Services
- providing evidence based information through out our time together in your home and by telephone and email during your fourth trimester.
- assist in transitioning your little one into his/her new environment
- encouraging and supporting you and your little one in establishing a breast-feeding relationship
- ensuring everyone is well nourished and hydrated
- run short errands to pick up necessary essentials
- light cooking and meal prep
- light cleaning, such as picking up the toys, putting dishes away, clearing the diaper changing area and nursery
- provide connections to your local community of moms and professionals alike
- education in cloth diapering and babywearing
Whether you need us for one visit or several, my aim is to give you the amount of care and support that is perfect for you.
For schedules and pricing, see the Childbirth Class Schedule page.
Intuitive Birth Childbirth Class
If you’d like a natural birth, this is the ideal class for you! In addition to increased emotional security regarding birth, Intuitive Birth students are 68% less likely to have a cesarean than the average mother. 70% of Intuitive Birth students who give birth vaginally do so with no pain medication.
Below is class-by-class content for our 9- and 6-week group format classes. Each class meets for 18 hours total. Virtual and private classes may also be available.
- Nurturing Your Baby & Yourself: Nutrition & Exercise for Pregnancy Specific information on how to stay healthy and low risk, as well as some basic information about breastfeeding.
- Reframing Your Birth Concepts Learn about the many things you can do during pregnancy to positively affect your birth experience. Begin to examine your beliefs about labor and birth, setting yourself on the path towards a comfortable, fearless birth.
- Your Birth Begins Physiology of the first stage of labor, including what your body and baby are doing during this time, how fear impacts labor, and how to stay comfortable without medications.
- The Journey Continues: Active Labor & Transition A wide variety of comfort measures for the most challenging part of labor, including positioning, massage, relaxation, and more.
- Second Stage & Birth There are many ways to give birth to your baby. Learn about positions, comfort, and why the first hours after your baby’s birth are so important. Begin to practice these with our first in-class labor rehearsal.
- Off the Beaten Path Learn how to make your birth experience a positive one, no matter what path your labor takes. Explore potential complications (including how to differentiate between complications and variations of normal) and learn about cesarean sections, including how best to avoid having one.
- Creating Your Birth Learn how to evaluate the nearly endless options that are available to you during your labor and birth, and the merits of “birth planning.” Determine your own top priorities for your birth, and how to translate those into an effective birth plan.
- Putting it All Together Put into practice the many techniques you’ve learned so far with a second in-class labor rehearsal, as well as a review of the stages of labor and an in-depth discussion of comfort measures.
- Postpartum & Your New Family How will you feel and what will you need postpartum? How do babies sleep? Why do babies cry? What is breastfeeding like? These questions and more will be answered.
For schedules and pricing, see the Natural Birth Class page.
Intuitive Birth Weekend Workshop Childbirth Class
Maybe you’d like a natural birth, but you waited too long to take a class that lasts several weeks, or you and your partner have too many scheduling conflicts. This workshop is perfect for you! Spend two full days immersed in birth knowledge, practice, and preparation. The material covered is similar to our Intuitive Birth class.
For schedules and pricing, see the Atlanta Natural Birth Class page.
Preparing For Your Birth Childbirth Class
This 6-hour class is ideal for women who’d like a short childbirth class with unbiased information about giving birth. Class begins with a discussion of how to stay healthy and low-risk during the remainder of your pregnancy. You’ll learn about the stages of labor, what’s happening with your body and baby during labor and birth, and the different options available to you for handling the intense sensations of labor. You’ll learn how to evaluate information about procedures you may be offered, and how to make a birth plan.
For schedules and pricing, see the Atlanta Childbirth Classes page.
Prenatal Counseling – Online (information already included in Intuitive Birth Class, and Natural Birth Weekend Workshop)
Pregnant? Don’t know where to start? Susie will meet with you and your partner to discuss your options for Childbirth Education, Breastfeeding Classes, Birth Doulas, and obstetrical care in Atlanta. She will discuss how to choose a pediatrician. She will provide many resources that you can use both before and after birth, as well as answer any questions you may have.
$40 Contact Susie now!
Cloth Diapering Consultation – Online (information already included in Intuitive Birth Class and Natural Birth Weekend Workshop)
Thinking about cloth diapering? Want to consult with someone who has been there and done that? Want to see different kinds of modern cloth diapers up close and personal? Susie will host a live online session just for you and show and tell you everything you need to know about cloth diapering and help you get started.
$40 Contact Susie now!
Babywearing Consultation – Online (information already included in Intuitive Birth Class and Natural Birth Weekend Workshop)
Thinking about babywearing? Want to consult with someone who has been there and done that? Want to see different kinds of carriers up close and personal? Susie will set up a live online session and show and tell you everything you need to know about babywearing.
$40 Contact Susie now!